Server SMTP Windows Server va in errore quando si invia un'email

Argomenti vari di carattere sistemistico
admin
Amministratore

Server SMTP Windows Server va in errore quando si invia un'email

Post by admin »

Durante la configurazione, quando si imposta da quale server è permesso inviare messaggi, inserendo 127.0.0.1 il servizio va in crisi, e da qual momento appena si usa il servizio SMTP questo va in crash.
Per ripristinarlo basta fare così:

From: https://serverfault.com/questions/10885 ... 77#1115477

My findings are similar to the other answers here, but it seems I needed to add a few steps (under Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Standard):

By default, I can enable SMTP and listen for connections, but when I attempt to send email to its port, the SMTP service crashes. Also, when I attempt to access Properties of [SMTP Virtual Server #1], IIS 6.0 Manager pops up this Snapin Error:

MMC has detected an error in a snap-in. It is recommended that you shut down and restart MMC.
Here is the procedure that worked for me:
  1. Stop the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) service.
  2. Stop the IIS Admin Service service.
  3. Edit (privileged session) C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\MetaBase.xml.
  4. Under <IIsSmtpServer Location ="/LM/SmtpSvc/1", set RelayIpList="" as described in Andrew's answer, and save the file.
  5. Start the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) service
  6. Important: Now, run IIS 6.0 Manager, right-click [SMTP Virtual Server #1], click Properties, open the Access tab, click the Connection... button and click OK and then do the same with the Relay... button.
  7. Now click OK to close the [SMTP Virtual Server #1] window.
The preceding updates your MetaBase.xml file and causes SMTP to function correctly.